unrecognized key: Blue 'Fn' key on Lenovo W530

The key you just pressed is not recognized by SDL. To help get this fixed, please report this to the SDL forums/mailing list https://discourse.libsdl.org/ X11 KeyCode 151 (143), X11 KeySym 0x1008FF2B (XF86WakeUp).

Tested all keys lower and upper. Two other keys are not handled: ‘Windows’ and ‘PrtSc’; but those are expected to be handled by the system.

pygame 2.1.2 (SDL 2.0.16, Python 3.9.12)
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS"

Thanks for the report, this is already fixed in the latest SDL release :slight_smile:
See I got an error when pressing my Fn key - #3 by Pacstah and/or I got an error when pressing my Fn key · Issue #6388 · libsdl-org/SDL · GitHub

@slouken: maybe you chould pin a post about this in the forum so this doesn’t get reported every few weeks?

TNX for responding. I only just now joined to post this one message. I am in the middle of a code crunch and fear to spend the amount of time to learn how to post as you asked. My apologies for not complying. Perhaps the SDL message should contain a URL permitting anonymous instant posting to the right place instead of forcing developers to join before reporting only to be presented with an interface that makes it hard to figure out where. I don’t mean to be refractive but I have tasks hounding my heels. BTW, I LOVE the simplicity and value of SDL.

My apologies for not complying.

no worries, I didn’t mean to complain about you posting this, I just wanted to let you know that this is already fixed in newer versions :slight_smile:

Good luck with your tasks!

I am synthesizing reflex systems from the atomic level up. SDL offers reduced development overhead.