Update from sdl2 2.0.4 to 2.0.8

I to all.
I need help to update sdl to 2.0.8 from 2.0.4 for our openbor project :

Do I need to update sdl activity Java file too?
If I compile sdl static libraries with cygwin on windows 10 64bit and I just update libsdl2.so + includrs the compile works succefully but the app doesn’t run.
Please help…

Yes. You need to update the Java parts too. Instead of a single Java source file, the file is now divided to multiple Java files. You need them all. Just copy them from android-project\app\src\main\java
in the SDL sources. Also you might need to update your manifest file.

In addition, you seem to be using the old Ant build system that is no longer supported by the newer Android SDKs. If you are able to compile this is might not be a problem for you. Just keep in mind that if you want to use the latest Android SDK you wont be able to compile your project without migrating to use Gradle.

Big tnx for your answer, so to compile using gradle I need to download android studio with new sdk? Some tutorials to configure them? Thanks a lot

I would first try just updating the java sources to see if your app still works and only after only that consider migrating to the newer build system.

The SDL android project template supporting Gradle is pretty recent. I’m sorry, but I don’t know any SDL specific android tutorials that would be up to date (but I haven’t been looking for one either).

There are some instructions included in the SDL sources: https://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/b0ed2c515be0/docs/README-android.md

Big tnx! It works!!
Thanks my friend!!