Windows XP and SDL1.2.4 with Fullscreen

Hello, I have upgraded to Windows XP and tried to run my code I had when I was using Win2K. I also used SDL 1.2.3 and had no problems with using Fullscreen. Now I use fullscreen and my taskbar icons and quick launch icons go awol. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if its a SDL or WindowsXP problem? I am also using OpenGL with SDL. If I run the code in a window the icons don’t mess up. Only fullscreen, so I am confused? Thanks

D,
I’m also using XP and I have a similar prob. I run one program and get icons to work on taskbar and window title bar , but then i run another program that I’m working on and I only get the icon on the taskbar but not on the window left of the title bar. Any ideas anyone? I compared the two programs and haven’t found anything that would give me differing results.
Richard

KING_DAVID <mars_999 at mac.com> wrote: Hello, I have upgraded to Windows XP and tried to run my code I had when I was using Win2K. I also used SDL 1.2.3 and had no problems with using Fullscreen. Now I use fullscreen and my taskbar icons and quick launch icons go awol. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if its a SDL or WindowsXP problem? I am also using OpenGL with SDL. If I run the code in a window the icons don’t mess up. Only fullscreen, so I am confused? ThanksD---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more

Make sure the SDL_WM_SetIcon is placed before SDL_SetVideoMode…? Just a suggestion.
Richard
KING_DAVID <mars_999 at mac.com> wrote: Hello, I have upgraded to Windows XP and tried to run my code I had when I was using Win2K. I also used SDL 1.2.3 and had no problems with using Fullscreen. Now I use fullscreen and my taskbar icons and quick launch icons go awol. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if its a SDL or WindowsXP problem? I am also using OpenGL with SDL. If I run the code in a window the icons don’t mess up. Only fullscreen, so I am confused? Thanks---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?

Richard,

Is this just a guess, or do you have some reason for suggesting this?

I’m working on an application that I hope to be able to run on any flavor of win32, mac and linux- so I’m very interested in any issues such as this.

-Blake----- Original Message -----
To: sdl at libsdl.org
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: [SDL] Windows XP and SDL1.2.4 with Fullscreen

Make sure the SDL_WM_SetIcon is placed before SDL_SetVideoMode…? Just a suggestion.

Richard

KING_DAVID <mars_999 at mac.com> wrote: 

Hello, I have upgraded to Windows XP and tried to run my code I had when I was using Win2K. I also used SDL 1.2.3 and had no problems with using Fullscreen. Now I use fullscreen and my taskbar icons and quick launch icons go awol. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if its a SDL or WindowsXP problem? I am also using OpenGL with SDL. If I run the code in a window the icons don't mess up. Only fullscreen, so I am confused? Thanks

Do You Yahoo!?

Hello, I have upgraded to Windows XP and tried to run my code I had when I was using Win2K. I also used SDL 1.2.3 and had no problems with using Fullscreen. Now I use fullscreen and my taskbar icons and quick launch icons go awol. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if its a SDL or WindowsXP problem? I am also using OpenGL with SDL. If I run the code in a window the icons don’t mess up. Only fullscreen, so I am confused? Thanks

If you drop in the SDL 1.2.3 DLL, does that fix the problem?

See ya,
-Sam Lantinga, Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment

Sorry I dont’ have 1.2.3 anymore. I can’t find it anywhere to download on SDL’s homepage either. Thanks Dave

I don’t have SDL 1.2.3 anymore, and can’t find it anywhere to download? I am using OpenGL with SDL but am using the header and lib files that come with MSVC++6 so its OpenGL 1.1 nothing special just doing some rotations and translations. If I could find SDL 1.2.3 I would try using that to see if that solves my problems. Thanks

I don’t have SDL 1.2.3 anymore, and can’t find it anywhere to download? I am using OpenGL with SDL but am using the header and lib files that come with MSVC++6 so its OpenGL 1.1 nothing special just doing some rotations and translations. If I could find SDL 1.2.3 I would try using that to see if that solves my problems. Thanks

http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.3-win32.zip

See ya,
-Sam Lantinga, Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment

Thats a no go on the SDL 1.2.3 version in Windows XP. In Win2k SDL 1.2.3 ran fine. So this must be a windows problem? I haven’t changed any of my code either, and it ran fine in Win2k. Unless their is a problem with the debug code thats being generated? Thanks

Thats a no go on the SDL 1.2.3 version in Windows XP. In Win2k SDL 1.2.3 ran fine. So this must be a windows problem? I haven’t changed any of my code either, and it ran fine in Win2k. Unless their is a problem with the debug code thats being generated? Thanks